JOB TITLE: Church Custodian/Sexton
PART TIME POSITION: 16 – 20 hours per week
To serve Wesley UMC through maintaining clean, safe facilities and the providing assistance to the congregation for access to and use of the facilities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Custodian reports to the Senior Pastor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the mechanical systems of the facilities, including but not limited to:
✔ Cooling, heating, sprinkler, security and elevator
- Light cleaning of interior of all buildings as a supplement to cleaning service, trash removal
- Event set up and take down as required
- Monitor building security
- Assist handicap members access facilities
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with building maintenance, operation of mechanical systems/equipment and professional cleaning
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Physical mobility, which includes climbing steps, etc.
- Ability to reach and bend, and push/pull or lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assist others (support and/or lift) that have trouble or cannot walk on their own
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform manipulative skills such as using controls and levers, operating light and heavy equipment, operating a motor vehicle.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience working with church/service organizations or working in non-profit environments
- Self-motivated and proactive
To Request Application: Contact Wesley United Methodist Church 512.478.7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment subject to passing a drug screening and background check
Wesley UMC is an equal opportunity employer