How to become a member
Church membership is open to any and all who seek the presence of God in their lives.
Persons may become members of The United Methodist Church by:
- Vows and profession of faith;
- Transfer from another United Methodist Church;
- Transfer from another body of the Christian Church;
- The renewal of vows if they have lapsed;
- Affiliate transfer if they are Methodists and will be in town a short while; or
- Associate transfer if they belong to another denomination and are in town for a short while.
Profession of faith includes:
- Affirming your baptismal vows;
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord;
- Accepting the Old and New Testaments as normative for faith and practice; and
- Commitment to live the Christian life and remain a faithful member of Christ’s Holy Church through your prayers, your presence, your gifts, and your service.
If you would like to discuss membership, the following options are available:
- Indicate “Desire to Join” when filling out the Visitor Information Form during worship
- Call or email the church office to discuss your interest , (512) 478-7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org