Music & Dance
The Music Ministry is a vital part of Worship (Witness) Ministries in the church:
Our goal is to share God’s word, usher in His presence and connect the congregation, the pastor, and ourselves with God on a deeper spiritual level through the gift of song.
- To enhance, encourage and promote the worship experience
- To support the various and diverse ministries associated with the church
- To preserve the traditional hymns, gospel and spirituals of the church, as well as utilize the contemporary songs of praise in order to minister to all age groups.
- To promote and encourage growth in the music department by encouraging those individuals and groups within the church and community to share their talents.
- To provide meaningful, scripture based musical presentations for all worship services in the church and throughout the community.
Director of Music – LaMonica Lewis
Pianist – Pam Zeigler
Pianist/Organist – Esteban Alvarez
Bass Player – Russell Shores
Percussionist – Ramona Jordan
Director/Coordinator of Children & Youth – Janice Jean & Sondra Johnson
Some of our Special Annual Events:
- Annual Musical – Last Sunday in September
- Classics & Jazz – 2nd Sunday in August
- Men’s Day
- Women’s Day
- H.E.B. Feast of Sharing
- Palm Sunday Cantata
Opportunities to minister:
- Intergenerational Choir – 18 & up
Rehearsal: 7 p.m. every Tuesday
- Women’s Chorus
Rehearsal: 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays [as scheduled by the Director]
- Men’s Chorus
rehearsal: 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays [as scheduled by the Director
- Perfect Peace – a women’s ensemble
- Children/Youth Ministry –
Rehearsals -Saturdays [as scheduled by the Director]
- Cherubs –
Rehearsals – Saturdays [as scheduled by the Director]
The mission of the Wesley Praise Dance Ministry is to minister to the body of Christ the heart of God, through movement and creative expressions of praise, worship, and prayer. Since its inception in August, 2002, the Ministry has been blessed to dance in numerous worship services and events throughout the Central Texas communities. The Ministry has grown to include five praise dance teams: Women’s Ensemble, Men’s Ensemble, Young Adult Dancers, Children/Youth Dancers, and the Boys’ Mime Team. We stay prayerful and grateful that God continues to bless us with opportunities to proclaim His Glory!
No dance experience is required, just a willing heart! For all saints interested, contact Linda Malone or Roslynn Hopkins.