Ephesians 5:15-17 (NRSV)
15 Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, 16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil. 17 So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
What are we waiting on? We have been procrastinating for too long.
1. Take Responsibility For Your Life
– No matter how hard you wish, the tooth fairy isn’t going to come while you’re asleep and replace failure with success.
– Great souls have will but weak souls have wishes.
2. Examine Your Excuses
– An excuse puts the blame on someone else besides you. It means the solution is beyond your reach. It is easier to move from failure to success than from solutions to success.
3. Focus On The Benefits of Completing A Task
– To get over the hump, focus on what you are going to get out of it.
4. Ask For Help
– Columbus didn’t discover the new world on his own, he had a crew.
– Ephesians 4:16 He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
– Asking for help means taking a risk, you will be vulnerable in sharing your hopes and fears.
– The risk is worth it, if it is going to help with the situation.