Scripture: Mark 1:16-20 (NIV)
As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.
4 Things to keep in mind when God calls you
- Realize that when God calls there is a price to be paid
- It is more blessed to give than to receive
- Don’t stop because there is a price to be paid. The brothers in the parable stopped their occupation and left their family.
- You have to give time, service and a little of who you are.
- There is a path to be walked
- There is a direction that you are going in, each step must be a step of faith
- There are principles that have to be observed.
- You have to do God’s Will God’s Way in order to be blessed. Don’t go around singing “It’s my prerogative”
- There is a promise to sustain you – Joshua 1:9
- Do not be discouraged for God is with you.