Scripture: Isaiah 26:3 (GNT)
You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.
You have to get the right focus if you want to get the right results. Here are 4 results of the right focus:
- It simplifies things.
- We are living in a complicated world. When you are not clear to your purpose, you try to do too much. When you try to do too much you have a lot of stress.
- Not getting everything done may be an indicator that you are doing more than God ever intended. Focus leads to a simpler lifestyle.
- We need directions as Christians. Directions on how to do things.
- If you want your life to have impact, you should consult God.
- Don’t confuse activity with productivity.
- It is meaningless work, not overwork that wears you down.
- This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one – George Bernard Shaw
- When you are doing the Lord’s work, you should have energy.
- When people call your name, what will they associate it with?
- A good name is more desirable than great riches – Proverbs 22:1.
- Ultimately what matters isn’t what others say about you, but what God says.
- We need to focus on the end game. When you focus on Jesus, you shouldn’t worry about how others perceive you.