JOB TITLE: Children & Youth Ministry Director
JOB LOCATION: Wesley United Methodist Church/Austin, TX
FLSA STATUS: Part-time/Contract (10 Hours per Week)
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
Provide spiritual Christian leadership, vision & direction for an effective Children & Youth Ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing and implementing a long-range vision and plan for the Children and Youth Ministries
- Assist in recruiting, training, directing and meeting regularly with volunteers to augment the Children’s and Youth Ministries
- Facilitate Youth Sunday School Programs. This includes programming, curriculum planning, instruction and periodically leading worship.
- Participate on the Council of Ministries and attend their scheduled meetings when requested.
- Attend District and United Methodist sponsored leadership events when appropriate or requested.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of quarterly Children and Youth led worship services, including writing the order of service and periodically leading worship.
- Facilitate communications with parents and other church leaders that interface with the children and youth to include a monthly calendar of events and education topics
- Seek input from youth and parents and include them in the planning of events and activities.
- Benchmark other Youth Ministries for best practices.
- Improve the Youth Ministry participation in District sponsored events where appropriate.
- Ensure the Youth are involved in stewardship and evangelism, including regularly scheduled outreach activities and participation with other youth groups.
- Provide or arrange counseling services to youth and parents as required or requested.
- Plan special programs on key holidays to involve entire children/youth ministry.
- Plan and execute 6-8 week Confirmation Class with ceremony at conclusion.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to structure & teach biblically based curriculum for Children & Youth church
- Knowledge of & practices the ethical standards of the United Methodist Church
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit & train volunteers & work positively with youth and adults.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and interface with diverse groups.
- Strong oral, written, visual media presentation skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment & software, i.e. computer, Office Suite
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Training, knowledge and experience in the area of child/youth development
- Experience operating in a fiscally constrained environment with ability to optimize resources and talent
- High School Diploma, required. BS degree preferred, not required
- Valid Motor Vehicle License, required; Valid Texas Driver’s License, preferred
Wesley UMC is an equal opportunity employer
Employment subject to passing a drug screening and background check
Please Contact: (512) 478-7007 or email@example.com