JOB TITLE: Church Custodian
PART TIME POSITION: 16 – 20 Hours per Week
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
To serve the Wesley United Methodist Church through maintaining clean, safe facilities and grounds and providing assistance to the congregation for access to and use of the facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the mechanical systems of the facilities, including but not limited to:
- HVAC (Cooling, Heating), Sprinkler & Security Systems
- Light Cleaning of interior of all buildings as a supplement to Cleaning Service, Maintain supplies and Trash removal
- Event set up and take down of chairs and tables, as required
- Monitor building security, open up and lock up facilities, as required
- Assist handicap members access facilities
- Cut and maintain grass on one (1) lot
- Pick up and delivery errands, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with building maintenance, operation of mechanical systems/equipment, professional cleaning and yard maintenance
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical mobility, which includes climbing steps, etc.
- Ability to reach and bend, and push/pull or lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to assist in the transport of people up to 200 pounds
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform manipulative skills such as using controls and levers, operating light and heavy equipment, operating a motor vehicle.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience working with Church, service organization, or non-profit environment
- Self-motivated, proactive and reliable
To Request Application: Contact: Wesley United Methodist Church (512) 478-7007 or email@example.com
Wesley UMC is an equal opportunity employer
Must pass a drug screening and background check